Cable digitisation: Force will not be accepted, says Firhad
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
KOLKATA: Trading charges that Multi Service Operators (MSOs) were forced to agree with the December 27 cable digitisation deadline, the state government on Monday warned the Centre, saying that attempts to implement the order by applying force will not be taken lightly. State Urban Development Minister Firad Hakim on Monday alleged that the central government was "acting like a goonda" regarding the issue.
One killed in Entally apartment fire
Kolkata: An early morning fire in an apartment in Entally area of central Kolkata claimed one life on Monday. A resident, Naushad Alam was charred to death in his first-floor room, Fire Department officials said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet