Calls of ‘suspicious’ bags from across city keep police on toes
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The rider, police said, greeted Makkar saying, "Namastey, pehchana mujhe? (Hello, did you recognise me?"). Makkar said "no". According to police, the rider said it was his birthday and he had a gift for Makkar. He took out a laptop bag and said it contained a laptop and a mobile phone and dumped it in Makkar's car, before fleeing, police said.
Makkar panicked, and threw the bag on the footpath. He drove ahead and informed an Army personnel and the police were called in. Later, the NSG, a Swat team, local police, special cell, bomb disposal squad of the Army and sniffer dogs were called in.
Even as police were checking the bag found in Delhi Cantonment incident, another caller informed of a suspicious bag lying in Gopinath market. On checking, police found that the bag was stuffed with paper.
At GK-I, police found an abandoned motorcycle that had a leather bag attached to it. Police traced the owner of the motorcycle and did not find anything suspicious in the bag.
At Mangolpuri, a broken speaker was recovered from a black bag. At 6.30 pm, a suspicious bag was found on a DTC bus in Central Delhi's Scindia House area.
Police said a suspicious suitcase and a laptop bag were found in two separate areas of Daryaganj.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet