- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Nagpur-based rock outfit, Symfonera, won the Tata Docomo Rockstar title for the Rest of Maharashtra on Sunday. The event, which was held at the VITS Hotel in Balewadi saw a total of 160 bands from across the state battle it out for the top prize. While Symfonera won top honours and a chance to share stage with Swarathma, Diabolic Lords from Nasik came in second. The band also won a cash prize of Rs 75000, a motorbike and a chance to perform live on air for 60 minutes.
Chef's Day celebrated
International Institute of Hotel Management Pune celebrated International Chefs Day at their campus on October 20. The students participated in a culinary competition which was judged by Chef Ahmed, Executive Sous Chef and Sanjay Aratala, Head Learning and Development, at IIHM, Pune. A four-feet tall jumbo burger was prepared by Chef Joel Mhatre along with the students as a part of the celebrations. "Events like these motivate students to be more creative when preparing dishes. It gives them an oppurtunity to showcase their talents. Since this day is celebrated across the world to honour and appreciate culinary artistes, or chefs, we at IIHM Pune celebrate it with pomp and fervour," says Rupinder Khurana, Director IIHM Pune.
Twenty-one-year-old Akshay Unecha, currently in the third year of a distance BBA programme from ICFAI, recently returned from having represented India at the Singapore International Dance Congress. Unecha is a salsa dancer and was the only amateur level dancer to take the stage alongside other professional dancers from all over the world. "It was a great experience; others really liked the performance we put up there," he says. The dance congress took place between October 12 to 14.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held