Can dating schools teach you how to meet your ideal partner?
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Paula Rosdol, a sassy American lady with a smart line in self-help advice at her London School of Love, gives lessons on repackaging and marketing oneself while looking for love online.
"I've helped well over 150 women between the ages of 35 and 70, and some men who come to me for advice on finding love on internet dating sites," the Mirror quoted Rosdol as saying.
"I tell them, you're competing with thousands of other women... you have to look your best.
"I have a client in her mid-30s who came to me saying, I get the dates but men just want take me to bed straight away.
"So I looked at her profile. She had eight typos in her copy, she talked about how she loved partying and going to gigs, and her photo made her look cheap, which she wasn't in person.
"She was sending out the wrong message," she said.
Paula's philosophy is simple "women say I want men to like the inner me, but based on male psychology, if he doesn't like the outer you, he's never going to know the inner you.
"Feminists out there are going to have to bite the bullet because this is how men are built. They're visual, while women are aural... we love to hear romantic words," Paula said.
"After that, it's a matter of choosing an internet dating site and getting your profile advert right.
"I tend to advise my clients to start with Match.com, simply because it's the biggest.
"But there are sites for single parents, music or wine lovers. Sign up for a month and test drive them. The more media you use, the better your chances.
"But I'd avoid the free ones.
"The quality is fairly poor. I'm from the school of thought that says if you don't pay for it, it's not worth it,' she said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’