Cancer awareness camp held
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
The Department of Radiotherapy, Regional Cancer Centre, PGIMER, initiated the celebration of National Cancer Awareness Day by organising a camp at Daddumajra Colony in collaboration with the National Institute of Nursing Education and the staff of Civil Dispensary.
An exhibition of charts , a skit and video films prepared by the National Cancer Control Programmewere used to emphasise the need for screening for cancer and noticing the early signs.
Participants were told about the early signs and the causative factors of cancer . At least 50 women were examined and taught how to perform breast self-examination.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet