Car dealer held for molesting 22-year-old NGO employee
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
A car dealer accused of outraging the modesty of a 22-year-old woman was arrested from his shop in sector 7 today. He was arrested following a complaint filed by the victim, working with an NGO, on Thursday, a police officer said. A case of assaulting a woman with intent to outrage her modesty and making obscene remarks or gestures was registered against 40-year-old Jasbir Singh, a resident of sector 42, who will be produced before a local Court tomorrow, the officer said.
In her complaint she had alleged that on Wednesday, Singh outraged her modesty when she had gone to his shop asking for donation.
"The victim initially went to his shop at around 2:30 pm but the accused asked her to come back later in the evening to collect a cheque of Rs 3,000 that he wished to donate," DSP (East) Vijay Kumar said.
The woman alleged that when she returned later, the accused, who was alone in the shop, made lewd remarks and obscene gestures. He also tried to hold her hand when she tried to leave, she alleged.
On Thursday, the woman reported the matter to the police following which Singh was arrested today. "We arrested him from his shop in sector 7 this afternoon and a case under sections 354 and 509 of the IPC have been registered against him," DSP Kumar said.
In another incident reported at the sector 36 police station, two persons were arrested from the New Lake in Sector 42 for allegedly outraging the modesty of a 20-year-old girl on Friday morning. The girl made a PCR call following which Ravinder Kumar, 47, a resident of Mohali and Kamal Kumar, 32, a resident of sector 56, Chandigarh were arrested. A case of making obscene remarks and gestures and outraging the modesty of the victim have been registered against the accused, both auto-rickshaw drivers, were arrested.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held