Car rams bus in Kashmere Gate, 2 killed
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Two cousin brothers were killed and their sister was injured when their Hyundai Verna rammed a parked Punjab Roadways bus in Kashmere Gate, North Delhi, on Wednesday night. Police said the three were returning from a family ceremony in Chhattarpur when the incident took place.
The bus driver, Sunil, a native of Himachal Pradesh, was arrested from the spot. He had parked the bus on the roadside and asked passengers to alight, instead of parking it at the bus stop.
Around 1.45 am, Dhiraj and Mohit Gupta were returning to their residence on Mall Road in North Delhi, when they rammed the bus. The two were jewellers and ran a shop in Chandni Chowk.
Police said they rammed the bus from the rear, "perhaps because they didn't see it". Police found it difficult to take the victims out as the car was almost completely under the bus.
While the woman was pulled out and rushed to Sushruta Trauma Centre in a PCR van, police had to call a fire tender and a recovery van to pull the two men out. They were rushed to the trauma centre and declared dead on arrival. The woman's condition is said to be stable.
A case of causing death by negligence has been registered at the Kashmere Gate police station.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held