Cargill acquires Wipro's flagship brand Sunflower Vanaspati brand
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Cargill today said it has signed an agreement with Wipro to acquire the latter's flagship brand Sunflower Vanaspati.
The scope of the acquisition is limited to the product brand only, the company said in a statement.
This acquisition strengthens Cargill's existing portfolio of leading edible oil and vanaspati brands and also expands its market reach in India's palm oil and its derivatives including vanaspati market, it said.
Apart from marketing its edible oil portfolio that includes brands such as Nature Fresh, Sweekar and Gemini, Cargill already locally produces and markets Vanaspati under its brands Rath, NatureFresh Purita and, Gemini.
"Acquiring Sunflower Vanaspati underscores Cargill's long-term commitment to growing our consumer food business in India. It is an excellent fit with our existing strong brand portfolio through which we serve a significant consumer base across the country," said Siraj Chaudhry, Chairman Cargill India.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow