Carlson Rezidor to hire 9,000 people in India by 2015
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Hospitality major Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group today said it will hire around 9,000 people in India as part of expansion, under which it plans to have 100 hotels under it in the country by the end of 2015.
"We plan to add around 9,000 employees by 2015 to our present strength of 21,000 and have 100 operating hotels by then," Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group Executive Vice-President (South Asia) K B Kachru said.
Kachru, who will be elevated to the position of Chairman of the hotel group in South Asia effective from July 1 this year, said that at present the hospitality chain has 63 operating hotels in India.
"The employees will work for our multiple brands, spread across the country," he added.
The chain has four hospitality brands Radisson Blu, Park Plaza, Country Inns & Suites by Carlson and Park Inn by Radisson in India which cater from mid-scale to premium segments.
On the group's business model, Kachru said: "We are primarily a management company. We manage and franchise brands but if the right opportunity comes, we will not shy away from the investments."
He said the group will focus on metros, state capitals, religious centres and leisure destinations such as Goa and Shimla.
Last month, the group had said it will open 13 new hotels in India by the end of 2013 in different segments.
The hospitality firm had earlier signed a partnership with Bestech Group, giving it the exclusive rights to develop 49 Park Inn Hotels in north and central India by 2024. In addition, the Carlson Rezidor had agreed to invest Rs 213 crore in first two projects in Gurgaon and Mohali.
The new hotels under different brands will be in Navi Mumbai, Uttarakhand, Bhatinda, Merrut, Gandhidham, Pune, New Delhi, Gurgaon, Mysore, Jaipur, Udaipur, Kolkata and Guwahati.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'