Cartoonist T Samuel dies at 86
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Veteran cartoonist T Samuel, a pioneer of pocket cartoons in the country, died in the city on Friday. He was 86.
Samuel, who also worked with The Indian Express, is survived by his wife Mary Samuel, son and two daughters.
Samuel, who was from Kollam in Kerala, started his career as a cartoonist with the Civil and Military Gazette published from Lahore before Independence. During Partition, he reached Delhi as a refugee and joined Shankar's Weekly, contributing the strip cartoon Kalu and Meena.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held