Case filed by woman against husband, girl
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
In response to a complaint made by Santosh, a resident of Police Lines, Sector 26, Chandigarh, the Chandigarh Police arrested her husband Rakesh and a girl named Niharika. A case has been registered against the two under the sections 307 (Attempt to murder) and 120-B (punishment for criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code.
Laptop stolen from car
Ambala: A laptop and bag containing cash and important documents were stolen from a car by breaking its windows at Maheshnagar bus stand. The incident came to the notice of the car owner Gagan Sharma when he returned and found the car damaged, and his laptop and a bag containing Rs 14,000 and bank documents stolen .
Bikers snatch elderly woman's chain
Ambala: An elderly woman was waylaid by two bikers while she was going to Naraingarh to receive her old age pension. Two youth suddenly appeared and escaped after snatching her gold chain.
HUDA sanctions Rs 15 crore for repair of roads
Ambala: The Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) has granted sanction of Rs 15 crore for the construction and repair of roads in sectors 7, 9, 10 and 21 of Ambala where the work will be started very soon. The deputy commissioner Shekhar Vidyarthi giving the information said that the internal road in sectors 8 and 9 had already been repaired. He said that tenders would be invited after receiving the money. He further said that an amount of Rs 287.35 lakhs had been sanctioned for repair of roads in Sector 9 of HUDA.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations