Catch 22 for govt: Deadline for promoting teachers ends Sunday
JBT teacher Baljit Punia, who is posted at Hisar, said, "The recruitment issue was more of a tussle between (the then director of primary education) Sanjiv Kumar and the Chautala government. We did not pay anyone to get jobs. We were never made a party to the case by any court. For the last 13 years we have been doing our duty."
Several other cases pertaining to the same teachers recruitment scam are pending in courts, including one filed by candidates who did not get selected.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow