CBI accepts UP govt plea for probe
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has accepted the UP government's recommendation to investigate the murders of Pratapgarh Circle Officer (CO) Ziaul Haque, Balipur village pradhan Nanhey Lal Yadav and his brother Suresh on March 2.
Former Minister for Food and Civil Supply Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya has been an accused of criminal conspiracy while two of his drivers are accused of executing the cop's murder. Raja Bhaiyya had resigned from the Cabinet on Monday after he was named in the FIR.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had announced a CBI probe into the murder cases while visiting the CO's family on Monday evening . A letter in this regard was dispatched to Ministry of Home Affairs on Tuesday.
CBI spokesperson RK Gaur confirmed that the CBI has accepted to investigate into the murder cases recommended by the UP government. The details related to the cases have been collected and they are waiting for the notification to be issued in this regard from Department of Personnel & Training, he added.
Sources said that the CBI's special crime branch at Lucknow had collected copies of the four FIRs lodged into the three murders from UP Police. The copies of the complaints given by the complainants for registering of the cases at Hathigawan police station of Pratapgath district had also been taken by the CBI.
The Lucknow unit of the CBI has dispatched the documents related to the cases to Delhi headquarters today. Sources said the Delhi unit of special crime branch will be handed over the probe.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow