CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer in Ishrat
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
"Singhal was arrested from his office... He was taken to the Civil Hospital for a medical check-up, and then brought to the CBI office for questioning," confirmed a CBI officer associated with the probe.
"The CBI has taken forensic loopholes under consideration... Barot and Singhal, who had shot at Ishrat's Tata Indica car from one angle, gave two different versions," said CBI sources. Singhal is expected to be produced before the special CBI court on Friday.
The CBI had earlier questioned Singhal in the Sadiq Jamal encounter case also.
The CBI is also reported to have rounded up two commandos, Anaju Chaudhary and Mohan Nanjibhai, who were working with the Crime Branch in 2004. The commandos reportedly assisted N K Amin in stopping Ishrat's vehicle.
Meanwhile, welcoming today's arrest, Javed Sheikh's father, Gopinathan Pillai, said in Thiruvananthapuram that he has "full faith in the court which has entrusted the probe to the CBI". He said "the arrest shows that we are not far from justice''.
— with ENS, Thiruvananthapuram
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow