CBI arrests school principal for taking bribes from students
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
CBI has arrested a school Principal here for allegedly taking bribe from a student.
CBI laid a trap following information that Malika Arjun, Principal of a school under the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, was insisting for bribe from those who had passed in various courses and were awaiting their certificates.
They had information that the principal had taken bribes ranging from Rs 3000-10,000 from many students to issues certificates, CBI sources said.
He was arrested yesterday while taking bribe from a student.
He was produced before CBI special court here today which remanded him to 14 days judicial custody.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet