CBI files chargesheet against Pradeep Shukla
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
The CBI on Monday filed the chargesheet against Pradeep Shukla, a former principal secretary of health and family welfare, in a special court in Ghaziabad in a case of irregularities in the implementation of the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in UP.
The matter involved upgradation of 89 hospitals in which the exchequer suffered a loss of Rs 5.89 crore. It arose from one of the three FIRs the CBI had lodged against Shukla and others on January 19 last year.
CBI's Chief Information Officer Dharini Mishra told The Indian Express that the agency received the sanction to prosecute Shukla, who is an IAS office of 1981 batch, from the Department of Personnel and Training on November 30.
On November 27, the Supreme Court had expressed displeasure over the CBI waiting for the sanction despite its judgment that sanction would be deemed to have been granted if the competent authority failed to decide it within three months. The court had fixed December 10 for the
The issues of giving sanction to prosecute Shukla were reportedly caught between DoPT, CVC and the state government. The CBI had sent seven reminders to the UP government since August, but in vain. However, the Supreme Court's strictures seem to have removed all hurdles.
Besides Shukla, the chargesheet names officials of the Processing and Construction Cooperative Federation Ltd (PACCFED), which is a UP government-controlled cooperative organisation. They are managing director V K Chaudhary, chief engineer M M Tripathi, superintending engineer A K Srivastava and assistant engineer Vipul Kumar.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held