CBI probe team set to visit Italy soon
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
A CBI team is slated to visit Italy within next few days in connection with the probe into the multi-crore VVIP chopper deal.
The decision was taken after the agency, during its interaction with Ministry of Defence (MoD), learnt that the information made available by the ministry is "insufficient" to initiate a probe. In its terms of reference, the MoD has only provided news clippings to the CBI.
Sources said the team which will visit Italy will also consists of senior officials from the MoD and Interpol who will coordinate with the Indian mission and Italian investigators. The agency officials said they will seek the details of investigation carried out by the Italian authorities. "The names of government officials and middlemen involved in the deal will also be verified with the Italian probe team," said a senior CBI official.
The agency also said they may register a preliminary enquiry or a case before sending the team to Italy on the preliminary information provided by the ministry. This also means that CBI may carry out raids at private companies whose names have figured in the Italian probe report.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held