CBI records witnessís statement
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The CBI recorded statements of one of the witnesses of PGI's MD/MS examination scam in the court of a local magistrate on Monday.
As per CBI sources, Kishna Reddy was one of the supporting team members of the alleged kingpin Gurivi Reddy. Krishna was nabbed from a hotel on November 10. One of the sources confirmed that Krishna was not arrested on the day of the examination, when the dummy candidates and the other accused were arrested.
Krishna's statement was recorded as a witness under section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. As per the code, a witness is made to record the statement in the presence of a magistrate, which can be later used by the investigating agency at the time of court proceedings. Krishna has recorded the statement with a local court as a witness to the CBI. Mahesh Aggarwal, the Deputy Inspector General , CBI, said, "The statement that has been recorded is part of the investigation that we have to follow".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow