CBI seeks 2 more months to complete probe
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The CBI on Monday asked the Allahabad High Court for a time of two more months to complete the investigation into the murders of CMOs Dr VK Arya and Dr BP Singh.
In an affidavit, the agency has informed the court that the electronic data provided by UP STF and the Lucknow Police was being analysed and it required time till March 31 to conclude the investigation. The agency has sent letters to UP STF and the Lucknow Police if they have any more details related to the murder cases.
The bench comprising Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Ashok Pal Singh fixed January 29 for hearing on the request of the CBI seeking more time and also directed the government to file a reply regarding the letters sent by CBI to state agencies, said advocate Prince Lenin, who is also a petitioner in the PIL on which the court had ordered CBI probe in the CMOs' murders in 2011.
CBI sources said that they have been analysing the recorded conversation of the accused and the suspects collected during investigation into the cases by UP STF and Lucknow police. The electronic data was received from the two agencies in September last year and they have been getting the data verified by Delhi-based Central Forensic Science Laboratory and other experts.
Since the process is time-consuming and they have to act upon the findings of the experts, they expect to reach a conclusion in the murder cases by the end of March, sources said.
The verification of call details of the accused and the suspects have already been completed, but the process of verifying the voices in the telephonic conversation is going on, an official said.
Lenin said he had filed an application before the court, requesting to transfer the investigation into the murder cases to UP STF or Lucknow police, as the CBI was delaying the probe. The CBI had not made any development in the investigation since they began the probe in August, 2011.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow