CBSE results three hours late
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Students went into a tizzy today as the CBSE Class X results were declared three hours late.
Teachers said it was not possible to distribute mark sheets today as the results were declared at 7 pm instead of the scheduled 4 pm.
Malini Bhagat, principal of Mahadevi Birla Girls High School, said that students will receive their marksheets tomorrow.
A student of Mahadevi Birla said that even after
7 pm, schools could not access the results as the server was down. "It is still uncertain when we will get our mark sheet," she added.
Girls outshone boys in the Class X CBSE examination, which recorded a pass percentage of 98.19. The overall pass figure is two 2 cent higher than last year's. The pass percentage of girls was 98.48 per cent compared to 97.98 per cent in case of boys.
According to a CBSE statement, the pass percentage in Chennai region was 99.45 — the highest in the country. The results in that region were out on May 21.
Since last year, the CBSE Class X examination is being conducted under Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation scheme and the results are reflected in grades.
The Class XII results are expected to be declared this week.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held