‘CBSE, universities need to coordinate better’
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
What are the values and the philosophy of the school?
We believe in the philosophy that every child is bright. The values in our school are centred around what we call as ACT – A stands for aptitude. One needs to develop the right kind of aptitude because it is directly linked to the student's attitude which should be positive. C stands for communication. This is very important in today's world. The schools' emphasis is on holistic development but without communication, it is not possible. Language should not become a barrier. While learning a language like English, which is spoken worldwide, is important, the inability to do so should not hamper the growth of the child. Development of communication skills contributes to the overall development of the child. T stands for technology. Today, we cannot think of anything, which does not involve technology. This demands not just knowledge of computers but also stresses the importance of making connections, globally as well as locally. We need to think globally and act locally. Apart from one's immediate environment, you are also functioning in a global context and it is here that larger issues gain more importance.
Keeping these parameters in mind, we have four houses and various clubs in the school relating to heritage, health and wellness, music, dance, sports, and literature. A profile or a passport of the student relating to the activities related to clubs is maintained throughout the student's school life. Moreover, an anecdotal record for Classes VI-X is a comprehensive record which is maintained in the school. It speaks volumes about the personality of the student. Any significant incident in the student's life is recorded with photos in the document. It really helps trace the growth of the child over the years — with regard to development of thinking skills. If there is a dip in the growth graph, some remedial measures are taken. These could relate to physical, academic or emotional aspects in the student's life. Through a record of this kind, we can also see the development of a scientific outlook during these crucial school years. We encourage students to develop the tendency to question things. We try to nurture the child's inherent inquisitive bent of mind.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet