Celebrating Indian Banking
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
These may be tough times for bankers but the mood at FE (The Financial Express) Best Banks Awards, on February 20 in Mumbai, was upbeat. Shrugging aside their worries, the who's who of Indian banking celebrated the industry's success stories, raised a toast to the achievers and saluted the winners. The camaraderie was visible as bankers compared notes and shared experiences. The top honchos of the banking industry were in full attendance, which included HDFC Bank's managing director Aditya Puri, HSBC India's group general manager & CEO Stuart Milne, Deutsche Bank's MD & CEO Ranveet Gill, HDFC Bank ED, Paresh Sukthankar,Corporation Bank CMD Ajai Kumar, Bank of Baroda chairman and MD SS Mundra, Standard Chartered Bank CFO Anurag Adlakha and SBI national banking MD Krishna Kumar. Top executives from India Inc included McKinsey & Co's chairman Adil Zainulbhai, Vodafone India's MD and CEO Marten Pieters, Blackstone India's senior MD & and chairman Akhil Gupta, Tata Motors vice chairman Ravi Kant, JM Financial chairman N imesh Kampani, ICICI Ventures' MD & CEO Vishakha Mulye, and L&T's whole-time director & CFO R Shankar Raman.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'