Centre may ask JNPT to rework expansion plan to avoid changes in MTHL layout
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
In the meeting, Asthana explained to Sinha that a change at this minute will badly hit the project, which was in the planning stages for more than three decades, considering the city's development agency has already shortlisted consortia, obtained the requisite clearances and the central government's commitment to fund 20 per cent of the project cost.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan had also written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh about the issue, saying it would be difficult to consider JNPT's request at this stage.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet