Centre to withdraw Assam militant surrender policy after LS polls
Although the Tarun Gogoi government came to power after a tactical understanding with the militants groups particularly ULFA, this time the Centre does not want to take chances with serial blasts and killings becoming the order of the day. State DGP Srivastava, who took over after R.N. Mathur was shown the door after the October 30 serial blasts, made it clear that his team would aggressively pursue the ULFA in the state.
Militants neutralized (arrested/killed/surrendered) in Assam:
YEAR = TOTAL
2003 = 750
2004 = 1067
2005 = 544
*(The figures include ULFA, NSCN, NDFB, BLT and other groups too, but the majority are ULFA militants).
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow