Chahat brings glory to Saupin's School
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Chandigarh:Chahat Arora, a student of class X of Saupin's School, Sector 32, Chandigarh, cornered glory by winning a silver medal in the recently conducted School Nationals Swimming Competition held in Pune at Balewadi Stadium. She participated in the100 m, and 200 m Breast Stroke race and bagged silver medal in the 50 m Breast Stroke race in the U-17 category with the timing of 37:48 secs. She is trained by coach Gurcharan Singh from Punjab University. The School Principal ABS Sidhu congratulated Chahat on her achievement.
Roller skating state meet on anvil
Chandigarh:The Chandigarh State Roller Skating Championship will be held at Kailash Bahl DAV Centenary Public School Sector 7-B, Chandigarh from December 21 to December 23. Chandigarh teams for the upcoming National Roller Skating Championship will be selected on the basis of the performance of the players during this meet. Entries for the State championship will be received at the venue by Yash (09855435753) from December 17 to December 19 during evening.
MCA B team record 2-run triumph
Chandigarh:Led by Amrinder Singh's blistering knock of 50 runs, MCA (B) team recorded a narrow two-run win over Ropar in a match played during U-19 Double Leg League cricket tournament organised by Chandigarh Cricket Association, played at the GNPS, Sector 36, ground on Monday. Batting first, MCA team posted a total of 205 runs. They were bowled out in 43 overs. Amrinder Singh (50), Jagteshwar (33) and Pranjay Sharma (20) were the main scorers for MCA team. Harpreet Brar (3 for 30) and Jagdeep (3 for 55) bowled well for Ropar. In reply, Ropar team was bowled out for 203 runs in 42 overs.
Brief scores: MCA (B): 205 all out in 43 overs (Amrinder Singh 50, Jagteshwar 33, Pranjay Sharma 20, Harpreet Brar 3 for 30, Jagdeep 3 for 55, Arshpreet 2 for14) Ropar: 203 all out in 42 overs (Arshpreet 30, Akshdeep 28, Harpreet Bara 28, Ramandeep Singh 2 for 35, Jagteshwar 2 for 21, Harpreet 2 for 37).
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM