Chain snatcher swallows gold neckalace after caught by public
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A chain snatcher swallowed the gold necklace he had snatched from a woman after being caught by public at J C Nagar area, but is now in police custody as they are thinking of how to retrieve it
Police said the 25-year-old man snatched a 10 grams gold chain from a woman, but the woman started screaming, alerting the public, who chased and caught hold of him.
However, the thief swallowed the chain and denied having stolen it. He was taken to a hospital and subjected to a scan, which revealed it hidden in his abdomen.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet