Chain snatching biggest menace in Thane, says top cop
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
'Unsuccessful in solving murder of Dombivali resident'
Raghuvanshi accepted the Thane police were unable to solve the murder of Snehal Gaware, 21, a Dombivali resident who was murdered in 2007. Her body was found stuffed inside the bed cabinet in her own house. In 2011, after several detentions, the Kalyan crime branch had arrested her boyfriend Whiten Rathod, but later released him due to lack of evidence.
"It is true that we have not been successful in solving the case. The Kalyan crime branch is investigating the case and we had changed the investigating team, but even that did not help," he added.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet