Chaman Vatika School celebrates annual day
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Chaman Vatika school celebrated its annual day and prize distribution ceremony on Saturday where former Union Minister Vinod Sharma was the chief guest and Commissioner Ambala Division from Ambala Cantt, R P Gupta, was the Guest of Honour.
The lighting of the lamp was followed by an aarti and saraswati vandana. Students presented an orchestra and a songs medley while they paid a tribute to the late Bollywood actor Rajesh Khanna. Cultural items and dances were performed by the students, as well as activities related to sports like skating, kung fu and aerobics.
Principal A K Saxena presented the Annual Report and prized were given to meritorious students and best teachers. The chief guest appreciated the efforts of the students for the cultural event and congratulated all the prize winners.
Vinod Sharma spoke on the significance of a school in shaping the personality of its pupils and encouraged the students to take up co-curricular activities.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet