Chandel in BJP Himachal list
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The BJP Wednesday announced its final list of 12 candidates for the polls in Himachal Pradesh. The most notable name is that of Suresh Chandel, the former MP involved in the 'cash-for-query' row, who has been finally rehabilitated.
Chandel, a former BJP state chief, has been fielded from Bilaspur, which was represented by J P Nadda, now a Rajya Sabha MP. Chandel was among 11 MPs expelled from Parliament following a a sting operation in 2005. The most notable ommission in the list is of six-time MLA Roop Singh Thakur.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow