Chandigarh’s Amandeep to tee opposite Sehar
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
On Thursday, as Chandigarh's Amandeep Drall tees off oppositeSeher Atwal in the match play format in the USHA All India Ladies Golf Championship at Kolkata, the Chandigarh youngster will hope to show the same form which fetched her USHA Eastern Indian title early this year.
The Chandigarh golfer qualified for the matchplay format after being in the top 16 golfers after the strokeplay round and will be leading Chandigarh's charge in the prestigious championship.
Aditi Ashok blew her opposition away with a stunning three-under 66 that gave her the Billoo Sethi Trophy for the Strokeplay segment of the Usha All India Ladies Amateur Golf Championships. The 15-year-old Aditi, bidding to become to retain her National title and also win the Order of Merit was in awesome form and closed with three birdies in last four holes and had a 36-hole total of one-over 139. Millie Saroha, who led after the first round was second with a card of 73 that gave her a two-day aggregate of 143 while Gursimar Badwal (75-72) was third at 147. Ridhima Dilawari (75-75) and Gurbani Singh (74-76) shared the fourth place.
Aditi who seemed to be struggling during her opening round of 73, opened with a bogey. But she then steadied herself and picked birdies on sixth and seventh. But a bogey on tenth set her back. She was then even par for the day. But with Millie, her playing partner, going three over for the front stretch, the two players were alevel.
On the back nine, Aditi birdied 15th, 16th and 18th, while Millie managed a birdie only on 18th and the honours went to Aditi, who will now be fancying her chances in the main matchplay event.
The stage is now set for the Matchplay segment with the top- 16 moving into this part of the Championship. All the leading players duly qualified for the this part, though Anisha Padukone had to beat Vidushi Sinha in the sudden death play-off hole to make the top 16.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held