Chandigarh’s Drall second on Day One
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Chandigarh's Amandeep Drall was lying second with a one-over-par 70 score in the first round on the opening day of the Usha Western India Ladies Golf Tournament being played at Bombay Presidency Golf Club. Gurbani Singh once again showed that she is the player to beat as she continued her fine form. Gurbani carded an even par 70 and took a one-shot lead over Amandeep Drall, winner of the Usha Eastern India Ladies title. Gurbani was a comfortable four shots clear of arch-rival Aditi Ashok and Gusimar Badwal, while Ridhima DIlawari was fifth at 75. Gurbani also led the Category A ahead of Tvesa Malik (76), and Categories A-B combined ahead of Aditi (74). Aditi led Category B. Sifat Sagoo (81) was three clear of Arushi Pandey (84) while Tanishka Kumar (79) opened a handy six shot lead over Samruddhi Yadav (85). Gurbani, who recently shot a six-under round at Tollygunge, opened the round with a birdie and ended with a similar birdie. In between she bogeyed the 10th and 13th for an even par round. Amandeep Drall had three birdies and four bogeys, one of them on first, but she like Gurbani ended the day with a birdie in her 71.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'