Chandigarh turning hot spot for food chains
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
With US food chain opening today a swank and up-market fast food restaurant, New York Pizza & Fried Chicken (NYPFC), Chandigarh region has suddenly become a hot spot for hospitality sector. The latest entrant has planned to open five similar outlets in Punjab at Mohali, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Patiala in next three months.
NYPFC comes on the heels of Spanish Spaghetti and Italian Pizzamore that opened food joints earlier this month. It is not only the restaurant chains that have made forays into Chandigarh in recent times, top hotel chains have also set up properties in the city. Be it Sarovar Hotels opening their second property-Park Plaza adjoining The Taj or Hotel Lalit Chandigarh from the Lalit Suri group which operates hotel chains under the banner Lalit group under construction on a four acre land close to IT Park, Hotel J.W.Marriott and Government owned The Hotel Mount View and Hotel Shiwalik View. Many other hotel chains and food chains are having plans to have presence in Chandigarh and Punjab.
In fact 'Eating out' scene has become more lively with the entry of new food chains. New York Pizza & Fried Chicken (NYPFC), which opened today is now a part of the 'palette circuit' of the tri-city. NYFPC's youthful ambience beckons fast food enthusiasts to witness a tasty indulgence of the best fast food on offer. The USP of NYPFC is that it specializes in all three major fast foods from the west –pizzas, burgers and fried chicken. The brain behind NYPFC is Angad Singh, a 25 year old young entrepreneur, who has returned from Australia where he spent seven years doing his degree in Hotel Management and gaining experience working with fast food majors like McDonalds.
Says Angad, "There was not a single specialty restaurant offering all three fast foods under one roof in Chandigarh. The buzzword at NYPFC is fresh and healthy food. We pride ourselves in making pizzas and garlic bread with a fresh base twice a day which adds to it crispness. The best part is that there are separate cooking compartments for vegetarian and non vegetarian food''
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held