Change of PPCC chief: Khaira to abide by party decision
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Former Congress MLA from Bholath Sukhpal Singh Khaira was found changing his tone regarding change of PPCC President Capt Amarinder Singh. In Ludhiana on Saturday, Khaira said: "Though I along with other leaders wanted a change, we will abide by every decision of the high command. We will support the PPCC President, even if he is Capt Amarinder. We don't want Akalis to get strong anymore."
Khaira added that high command was serious about the issue of the PPCC president's post in Punjab. The former MLA also slammed DGP S S Saini and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and said they had forfeited their right to continue in office, "...owing to their utter failure to protect the honour of women and men in uniform". "The Opposition needs to be more effective so that the ruling alliance does not dare to give false claims about law and order in the state," he added.
The leader also slammed Punjab Police for harassing Patiala girl, who was gangraped and later committed suicide, by summoning her at odd hours and asking her unconfortable questions.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet