- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Mulayam's political somersault in backing Congress's Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee that came within 48 hours after he had joined ranks with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to propose three other names for the candidate has got the SP treading cautiously with Mamata. In the first fallout of the breaking down of relations between the two, SP has cancelled its national executive meet that was slated to be held at Kolkata (July 10-11). In fact, party's Rajya Sabha MP Kiranmoy Nanda, who played an emissary between Mamata and Mulayam during this episode, had already tied up arrangements for stay and the convention in Kolkata. But, given the acrimony between the leadership, the party obviously did not want to attract the wrath of the TMC by celebrating its UP election victory in Kolkata.
CONTINUING with its recent initiative to travel to the state capitals to popularise government's achievements, the Group of Ministers (GoM) on Media is travelling to Jaipur on Wednesday. However, it will be a depleted GoM that will land in the Rajasthan capital, with neither Home Minister P Chidambaram nor Law Minister Salman Khurshid being present. Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni will also not go. All these three ministers were present in the GoM's trip to Bhopal and Ahmedabad. But unlike Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat — both of which are BJP-ruled states — Rajasthan is ruled by the Congress. So the visit of a full-fledged GoM was perhaps not considered necessary. Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office V Narayansamy will do the needful in Jaipur.
LOK Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Tuesday hosted a breakfast-cum-lunch for Pranab Mukherjee at her residence. On offer was some of Mukherjee's choice delicacies like payesh and fish fry. Kumar claimed Dada was the most correct choice for the next President to all those present. Meira Kumar, incidentally was one of the possible contenders for Rashtrapati Bhavan but those present said the mood was extremely celebratory at the event.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow