Chaos reigns supreme at cricket academy inauguration by Virat Kohli
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Star cricketer Virat Kohli was on Wednesday lucky to escape unhurt after he came to inaugurate a new cricket academy at the Sanatan Dharam Higher Secondary School (Kirti Nagar) after around 1000 people mobbed him in a small congested school ground here today.
The academy named M L Kumar West Delhi Cricket Academy will be run from the small ground inside the SD Higher Secondary School. Kohli had come to inaugurate the academy as it will be run by his childhood coach Rajkumar Sharma.
The programme was ill-organised with too many people on the dais trying to get close to the cricketer, parents along with their kids showing total disregard towards protocol.
At one point of time, Kohli was invited to address the students but to everyone's utter disbelief a few elderly people along with children climbed up the dais trying to take autographs.
But all hell broke loose once Kohli entered the ground for the ribbon cutting ceremony. Suddenlu around 1000 people mobbed him and with little security cover, the cricketer could have been badly injured but he somehow managed to perform his duties as chief guest and sneaked into his car.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations