Charges framed against Kandola
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A local court on Wednesday framed charges against NRI drug kingpin Ranjit Singh Kandola alias Raja Kandola and nine others in a multi-crore drug smuggling case registered against them at Garhshankar police station. The court of additional sessions judge J S Bhinder framed charges against Kandola under Section 29/61/85 (abetment of drug smuggling) of NDPS Act, while the others face charges under Section 21/61/85 (possessing narcotic drugs). The case will be heard on January 7, 8 and 9, 2013. The charges were framed after all the accused were produced in the court. Kandola was brought on production warrants from Tihar jail where he is currently lodged after he was arrested by Delhi Police in August.
Navjot demands death for Delhi rape accused
Amritsar: BJP CPS Navjot Kaur Sidhu on Wednesday held a protest at Lawrence Road demanding death penalty for the Delhi gangrape case accused. She said that there should be speedy trial in the case and capital punishment should be awarded. She also said that an NGO, Himmat, has been launched with helpline number to report cases of molestation and eve-teasing. "A few days after the launch, the NGO received nearly 600 calls and 17 persons were nabbed," Kaur added.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held