Charlie Sheen donates $75000 to cancer patient
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Actor Charlie Sheen has donated $75,000 for a 10-year-old girl suffering from cancer.
The 47-year-old was in conversation with a Hermosa Beach police officer here, when he got to know that the officer's daughter Jasmine is suffering from Childhood Rhabdomyosarcoma (CR), reported TMZ Online.
CR is a form of cancer that occurs in the muscle tissue and requires over a year of expensive medical treatments like chemo and radiation therapy.
The actor, who is father of five children said to the officer, "No parent should have to watch their kid go through that."
Hermosa Beach Police Association, which started a fund for Jasmine received a cheque of USD 75,000 from the actor very next day.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations