Chauhan is new state RLD chief
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Lucknow:Former minister Munna Singh Chauhan took charge as the new state president of the party on Tuesday in the presence of senior leaders and a gathering of workers.
Chauhan succeeds Baba Hardev Singh who had resigned from the post owing to unspecified "ideological reasons" on September 22.
Chauhan was irrigation minister in previous SP rule. His nomination as the new party state president was announced on October 26 and he took charge on Tuesday. Talking to mediapersons, Chauhan said increasing party membership, strengthening the organisation and launching agitations on public related issues in the state will be his priorities. "I have to strengthen the party in UP from east to west so that RLD holds the key to power at the Centre after the 2014 Lok Sabha elections," Chauhan said.
Faizabad violence leads to transfers
Lucknow:The state government on Tuesday removed Additional DG (Law and Order) Jagmohan Yadav, and both District Magistrate and SSP of Faizabad, which had witnessed communal violence on October 24. Deepak Agarwal, who was DM of Faizabad, has been replaced by Ajay Kumar Shukla. Agarwal was special secretary, medical and health and family welfare department. SSP of Faizabad Ramit Sharma has been attached to the DGP's office while Balrampur SP Dhaermendra Singh has been sent as the new SSP of Faizabad. SP of Jaumpur Dharam-veer has been transferred in same capacity to Badaun, replacing Manzil Saini who has been sent to Jaunpur. ENS
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM