Chemist employee slaps girl at PGI
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
High drama was witnessed at the new OPD block of PGIMER on Friday afternoon when an employee of a chemist shop located inside the premises slapped a girl in full public view. Shockingly, nobody came to her rescue when the incident happened despite the fact that there were over 100 people present there.
Later, the police reached the spot and a complaint was given to incharge at the PGI police post.
According to eyewitnesses, the incident happened about 2.20 pm when the girl, a resident of Manimajra, accompanied by a friend of hers, after visiting the OPD of the skin department, went to buy medicines at the chemist shop. An employee of the shop harassed her and made advances to her. When she tried to resist his attempt by pushing him aside, he slapped her with full force.
"I had come here to buy medicines. The employee was standing outside the shop and he started passing remarks and stood right in front of me. I pushed him in order to keep him away from me and he slapped me. Later, instead of helping me, the other staff at the chemist shops started blaming me for hitting him," said the girl with tears in her eyes.
When contacted, PGI spokesperson Manju Wadwalkar said, "It is a very unfortunate incident. The employees of the shops should be more organised and compassionate towards the patients who come from far-off places."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow