Chhat Puja stampede: 14 killed as bridge collapses in Patna
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Demanding a CBI probe into the incident, they said the chief minister should resign on moral ground.
Local MP Shatrughan Sinha too demanded a high-level probe into the incident. The person or persons found guilty should be dealt with strictly, Sinha, BJP MP from Patna Sahib constituency, said.
Meanwhile, a Jamshedpur report said the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha demanded a high-level enquiry into the incident.
Describing the incident as unfortunate, JMM senior vice- president Sudhir Mahto said Bihar government should order a high-level enquiry into the incident and punish the officials responsible for it.
Mahto also demanded adequate compensation to the family of the victims.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet