Chidambaram outrage: Out on joyride, girl resists rape, done to death
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A college student was done to death when she resisted a rape attempt by a five member gang while her male friend suffered serious injuries when he tried to take them on at nearby Kattumannar Kovil, police said.
Police said woman was riding pillion with her friend when the gang accosted them and forcibly tried to take her away. As she resisted, they slit her throat, killing her on the spot.
Her friend snatched the knife and attacked the gang, injuring two of them. However he was overpowered and attacked, suffering serious injuries, after which the gang fled.
He managed to call his friends over cellphone following which they rushed to the spot and found the woman dead.
The man has been hospitalised, police said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow