Chief Minister's bag goes missing, taxi driver arrested
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A bag belonging to Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, who was here for a holy dip in the Sangam, has gone missing from a taxi, following which its driver was arrested.
According to local Congress leader Javed Urfi, Gogoi was taking a nap inside his room at the Circuit House yesterday after a holy dip when his protocol officer Vipul Gogoi went to a shop in the Civil Lines locality to purchase sweets.
Upon emerging from the shop, the protocol officer found that a bag containing about Rs one lakh in cash, some important documents, camera and other valuables belonging to the Assam Chief Minister, was missing from the back seat of the taxi they had hired to travel around the city, Urfi said.
Upon enquiring, the driver of the taxi claimed that he was not aware of any bag being kept on the back seat following which an FIR was lodged at the Civil Lines police station even as the Assam CM and his staff returned by their helicopter late last evening, the Congress leader said.
Meanwhile, the Civil Lines police has said that so far "noclues" have come out from the arrested taxi driver who is being "continuously interrogated".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow