China sex scandals: More videos of officials expected
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
China is facing a avalanche of sex scandals as 'investigative reporter' whose videos of an official in compromising position with his mistress created embarrassment for the government, plans to release more such clips.
The threat came even as an "anchor" of a TV station charged a Communist Party politician of coercing her into long-term relationship.
Zhu Ruifeng, a "Reporter with counter-corruption website" jdwsy.com, told state-run Global Times that five more sex videos featuring officials of Chongqing, till early this year ruled by disgraced Party leader Bo Xilai, will be released after getting enough proof of their authenticity.
Zhu posted the 12-second-long video to the Internet last week showing Lei Zhengfu, then secretary of the Beibei District Committee of the Communist Party of China in Chongqing, in compromising position with an 18-year-old Zhao Hongxia.
Zhu claims Zhao has been Lei's mistress for the last five years.
Lei 54, who has been sacked and faced disciplinary probe by the Party, had been receiving bribes and sexual favours provided by local businessmen, Zhu said.
The video, filmed by Zhao with a hidden camera, was later used to threaten Lei by the construction company but Lei managed to get local police, led by then police chief Wang Lijun, to detain Zhao for a month and send the company manager to prison for one year, Zhu said.
Wang, who fled to US Consulate fearing reprisals from Bo over investigations into his wife Gu Kailai's involvement in the murder of British businessman Neil Heywood has been imprisoned for 15 years.
State-run Xinhua news agency reported today that officials pledged a thorough investigation into the sex tape scandal.
The Chongqing Municipal Committee for Discipline Inspection of the Communist Party of China said it will not tolerate officials' misconduct.
Each of the reported cases will be investigated and each official involved will be punished.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held