China to invest $5 bn for rural houses
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
China will provide USD 5 billion in subsidies to the poor masses living in rural households for renovation of their dilapidated homes this year.
Subsidies allocated by the central government will reach 31.87 billion yuan (USD 5.04 billion) this year and the pilot scheme will cover 4 million poor rural homes, according to a joint statement today by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, the Ministry of Finance and the National Development and Reform Commission.
All counties in central and western regions, as well as those counties in eastern and coastal provinces of Liaoning, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian, Shandong and Guangdong will be covered by the scheme, the statement was quoted by the China Daily as saying.
Each impoverished rural household will be given a subsidy of 7,500 yuan on average, while 130,000 poverty-stricken rural households located in the border areas will be granted another 2,500 yuan in subsidies each, the statement said.
Another 130,080 rural households that are selected as examples for building energy-efficient renovation projects can obtain another 2,500 yuan in subsidies each, it said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet