Chitra to head NSE next fiscal
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Chitra Ramakrishna will become the MD and CEO of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) from the next financial year while its current chief Ravi Narain will assume the role of vice-chairman in a non-executive role.
The NSE board on Monday decided that Ramkrishna, currently Joint MD of the bourse, will take charge as MD and CEO with effect from April 1, 2013 for five years. Narain's current tenure as MD and CEO will end on March 31, 2013. He was the Deputy MD for the first six years of the exchange, and the MD and CEO for over 12 years.
Ravi Narain and Ramkrishna have been with the NSE since its inception in 1994.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'