Sect head Mahant Chotu Nath pays Rs 10 lakh for a fancy Audi Q7 SUV number
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
A sect head coughed up a whopping Rs 10 lakh to procure a registration number for a SUV during an auction held here for the fancy numbers.
Mahant Chotu Nath paid Rs 10.05 lakh for CH 01 AR 0001 registration number for Audi Q7 SUV, Registration and Licensing Authority officials said.
The reserve price for the vanity number was Rs 25,000, they said.
At the auction held at the RLA office in Sector 17 here yesterday, Nath bought the number after outbidding seven others in the race, they said.
RLA earned nearly Rs 71 lakh from the auction for different numbers including Rs 4.20 lakh for CH 01 AR 0100, they said.
In the past as well, the craze among people for procuring fancy numbers for their luxury vehicles has fetched huge sums of money to the RLA.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations