Chrysanthemum Show concludes
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Hundreds of people visited the three-day long Chrysanthemum Show organized by the Municipal Corporation that concluded on Sunday. A huge rush was witnessed at the Terraced Garden, Sector 33 where the show was organized. People turned up in large numbers to watch the display of a variety of chrysanthemums.
This year, as many as 265 varieties were put on display, of which four were added this year. Apart from different arrangements that were presented, there was a section where the pictures of the flowers were put up. A camel, peacock, cow, giraffe, lion and other animals and birds were created using flowers.
Mayor Raj Bala Malik distributed prizes among the winners of various competitions. Among the individual participants, Varinder Sharma, a resident of Sector 8, Panchkula, won the maximum number of prizes. Among the institutes, the Chandigarh Housing Board bagged a large number of prizes in different categories. The Mayor distributed sweets among the labourers who were present on the occasion.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held