Citi to invest $138 mn in Cox & Kings
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Travel services firm Cox & Kings today said Citi Venture Capital International will pick up a significant minority stake in its UK-based subsidiary for USD 137.75 million (about Rs 765 crore).
In a filing to the BSE, the company said it has entered into binding agreements with investment funds advised by Citi Venture Capital International (CVCI) which will "acquire a significant minority stake" in its wholly-owned subsidiary Prometheon Holdings (UK) Ltd.
Stocks More on Cox & Kings
Company INFO More on Cox & Kings
In May this year, the company's board had approved raising additional capital of up to USD 140 million in Prometheon.
"..CVCI Private Equity has agreed to invest USD 137.75 million in Prometheon. The investments will be largely used to retire part of debt raised by Prometheon for Holidaybreak acquisition," the company said.
In November last year, the company had completed the acquisition of Holidaybreak Plc for 323.43 million pounds. The company is reported to have raised about Rs 1,400 crore in debt to finance the deal.
Cox & Kings shares were trading at Rs 148.20 in the late afternoon trade on the BSE, up 5.37 per cent from the previous close.
Mutual Funds Check for top funds
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'