- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Speed-breakers needed in front of housing societies in Yerwada
The road stretch on the Pune-Ahmednagar highway at Shastri Nagar-Kalyani Nagar intersection near MSEDCL Nagar Road Sub-Division Office has high density, two-way traffic. This is one of the roads leading to Shastri Nagar Colony, Maharashtra Housing Board (MHB) Colony, Park Island Residential Complex, Tridal Nagar Cooperative Housing Society (CHS) and Hermes Homes CHS and Hermes Heritage II & III CHS.
Hermes Homes CHS comprises bungalows and Hermes Heritage II & III CHS has about 60 row houses and over 1,100 residential flats in 46 multi-storey buildings. The total residents in the society may exceed 6,000. On one side of the road, between these two cooperative societies, a multi-storey building to house Sahyadri Hospital, Nagar Road, is nearing completion and may start functioning by April 2013. Once this hospital starts functioning, the traffic on this road will, without any doubt, increase manifolds. On the other side of the Hermes Heritage II&III CHS is a huge commercial building with a banquet hall. The area also has a commercial block with a number of shops, which contribute to the increasing vehicular traffic. Exactly opposite this commercial block is an upcoming residential complex. Though work on the project was suspended last year, once it resumes and the project is completed, the volume of traffic on this road would increase further.
Besides, most residents in the Hermes Heritage II & III CHS own either two or four wheelers, the total number of which may exceed 6,000, and there is a considerable movement of autorickshaws, cabs, vehicles of visitors to the colony and school buses.
There are chances of accidents by speeding vehicles. Freak accidents on this stretch go unreported.
Close to the "Out" gate of Hermes Heritage II & III CHS and near 'N' block of Shastri Nagar Colony, there is a T junction which is prone to accidents at night in the absence of powerful streetlights. The road is used by a a large number of motorists. During peak hours, the two-way traffic is quite frightening.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations