City anchor: Bid to translate good intent on social media into real-term work
Voter's registration, generating awareness about present government schemes/ facilities, fighting corruption at the local level are some issues discussed in the meetings. In the Pune meeting, it was decided to form groups to look into the matter of governance and advocacy.
When asked about the often cited observation that in India, people would go for a candlelight march but refrain from voting, Panchal said a tangible change can be seen if the right connections are made.
"In Pune, the hostel for northeast girl students required donations and we ensured that the donors were able to connect to the institutions directly. It is our idea to connect people with the right intention to the right means, which we believe would bring about the changes we wish to see in our society," he said.
Panchal said the next meeting of the group is in Orissa in March and after that in New Delhi.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow